lakewaukomis.org Forum Index lakewaukomis.org
Lake Waukomis Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illegal speed traps on Lake Waukomis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lakewaukomis.org Forum Index -> Community Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  

"Speed bumps or speeding tickets?"
"SPEED BUMPS?"
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
"SPEEDING TICKET?"
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

OpenWaterSwim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Slow Down Without Speed Bumps! Reply with quote

I find all of this very interesting and appreciate the information shared by everyone. I have not received a ticket, but I was warned by numerous individuals and residents prior to moving to the lake that the speed is strictly enforced. I make certain that anyone that visits knows to keep their speed under 20 mph. I even go so far as to remind them every time they visit. Very Happy

I do not to have any desire to drive over speed bumps when driving around the lake. I find speed bumps more of an annoyance than a method of controlling speed. A person with a poorly managed vehicle or large truck can easily take speed bump at speeds greater than 20 mph and not even care. This doesn't solve the problem. I know that if I am found driving over 20 mph that I can expect a ticket. This has been a very good deterrent for me and I would imagine that it has been for others, as well. I agree that more warnings should be given especially on a residentís first offense, but please do not place speed bumps on our roads.

Kindest Regards,

Jaes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lakewaukomis.org Forum Index -> Community Information All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: