lakewaukomis.org Forum Index lakewaukomis.org
Lake Waukomis Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you from Belle Welk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lake waukomis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Thank you from Belle Welk Reply with quote

As most of you know, my 35 y/o daughter, Anna Welk Gorman, passed away on Sept. 30th. I am including her obit that is online through Myers Funeral Home in Parkville.

Anna Elizabeth Gorman, 35, a Northland resident of Kansas City, MO passed away peacefully on Sunday, September 30, 2012. Anna was born November 25, 1976 to Belle (Sanchez) and John Welk in Kansas City, MO.

Anna graduated from Park Hill High School in 1995. She received a full ride scholastic/athletic scholarship to Drury University, finishing her undergraduate degree in 1999, graduating number 1 in her Chemistry class. She earned a full ride scholarship into the doctorate program in Chemistry at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington. Anna decided to leave the program after receiving her Masters degree to marry her sweetheart, Christopher F. Gorman and thus began her college teaching career. She taught chemistry at Pierce Community College and Tacoma Community College for the last 10 year.

Annaís passions were playing and coaching VB, reading, spending time with her family, especially Alex, her first priority. Secondly, Anna felt blessed and appreciated the Gorman family and her friends, who were steadfast and loyal through her long journey. Lastly, Dr. Saul Rivkin, her oncologist in Seattle, gave Anna hope, never let her feel sorry for herself, and helped with courage to fight the battle with cancer. Dr. Peter VanValhuizen continued with Annaís treatment the last 3 months.

Anna met her husband Chris while attending WSU when she joined the Club VB team that Chris coached.

Chris took Anna home with him 5 years after his passing on the same day, September 30th. They had a short 3 years together, but gifted to us their beautiful daughter, Alexandria Shae Gorman, who will join the family of her Aunt and Uncle, Dana and Chad Haines of the northland.

Survivors include her daughter, Alexandria Gorman of Kansas City (North), MO; parents, Belle and John Welk of Lake Waukomis, MO; a brother, David Welk of Jakarta, Indonesia; a sister, Dana Haines and husband, Chad of Kansas City (North), MO; her niece Kayla Steadman, nephew Colton C Haines, the Gorman family, and numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

A Celebration of Annaís Life was held on Oct. 17th

I WANT TO THANK THE WOMEN'S CLUB AND MANY FRIENDS ON THE LAKE WHO HELPED ME THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT SUMMER. THE WOMENS CLUB PROVIDED FOOD FOR 5 STRAIGHT DAYS PLUS A FEW EXTRA BY FRIENDS THROWN IN TO ENSURE THAT WE ATE WELL.
Thank you goes to Teddi Wolfe, Annette Smart, Theresa Edwards, Pastty Russell, Linda DeJarnette, Gwen Robertson and Margie Richcreek.

TY Beth Ruckman for your offer of getting clothes for Anna. I'm sure I'm not including someone, so please know that at the time you went immediately on my prayer list.

Last but not least is my "hood" friends that stepped up whenever I needed something. Thank you Kathy Morelli for being there. Thank you Ann Veith for opening up your home for out of town guest. Thank you Dana DeMasters for just providing anything I needed from moral support, to a shoulder to cry on.

Thank you Karen Hay and others for encouraging words and for monetary support for my g'daughters college fund and thank you up front for all that will run in the event for my daughter on Nov. 10th through Crossfit workout run by Brian Martorano, the husband of Anna's childhood friend, Megan Scott Martorano who is Alex's instructor at Daine's School of Dance. Thank you Patti Flavin for your suggestions in organizing our dinner here at my home for the out of town guests (30) and relatives.

Thank you to my friend Susan Cummings, who was there in absolutely any capacity I needed, from coming out to Seattle/Puyallup, Wa. to take me away for a weekend for much needed R&R to overseeing my home get together for friends and family. She literally put her life on hold at times to take care of me. It will not be forgotten and I will never be able to totally thank her enough.

I am so touched and proud to live here at the Lake. All my out of town friends were so complimentary about the little lake. My brother in law, an eye doctor in N.Y. and I have made plans to exchange homes for a few weeks, for he to enjoy L.W. and me to enjoy N.Y.

Peace be with you all Lake Waulomians, and know that I truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all.

Sincerely, Belle Welk 925
arham

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have ever served our great country in the armed forces, the Lake Waukomis Menís Club would like to show our thanks and invite you and one guest to a free breakfast on Veteranís Day. (There will be a $6 charge for additional guests).
Date and Time: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Place: The Lake Waukomis Community Building
RSVP: Please RSVP to Carl Croan (816-582-9341) BY NOVEMBER 6, 2014
LaseHoo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Very informative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lakewaukomis.org Forum Index -> Women's Club All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: